TITLE: Sustaining Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Operations - Quality
REPORTS TO TITLE: (Title) Testing & Control Manager
Interested in taking on a new and exciting role that touches all types of engineering projects within manufacturing, product design, quality, and testing departments of Gerber? Are you someone who is great at juggling multiple projects and inherently inquisitive? Do you enjoy outdoor products and living an outdoor lifestyle? If so, this is the role for you!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Sustaining Engineer identifies an issue, determines root cause, recommends options for resolution, and implements the corrective action in a timely manner. A successful candidate will have experience in the design, development and sustaining of consumer products in a manufacturing environment, as well as solid communication and self-prioritization skills. The Sustaining Engineer is responsible for providing engineering support to other functional areas within the company. The duties encompass performing root cause analysis, resolving product issues, supporting manufacturing to resolve issues associated with end-of-life components, capacity analysis, conducting repeatability studies, creating process maps, etc. This role is cross-functional and will require interfacing with all functional groups within the company and with supplier's engineering teams. The sustaining engineer will need to be able to lead a team of cross functional members to deliver results. The Sustaining Engineer is a Jack of All Trades.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide Technical / Production Support. This includes the following:
- Acquire product and design knowledge that will be necessary to resolve issues, and support necessary design changes for product line.
- Understanding manufacturing processes to support in resolving continuity of supply issues with the product line.
- Provide engineering support for in house cost reduction initiatives.
- Assist Suppliers (foreign and domestic) in resolution of 8D's and implementation of Corrective and Preventative Action Plans.
Provide Test/Project Support. This includes the following:
- Responsible for the qualification of OEM vendors for accessories and subsystems.
- Provide assistance to the design and development team on assigned projects with interpretation and clarification of the application where required or requested.
- Support the product line in the field including, Beta installations, site visits, and issue investigations.
- Work with the test engineer to insure product requirements are identified and adequate test procedures are developed.
- Work with the quality team to ensure that product quality meets our stringent standards.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree in an applicable Engineering discipline is required and/or equivalent experience. Experience:
- Solidworks preferred or other 3D Modeling Software
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience required.
- Good understanding of the following:
- Process Flow Diagrams
- Control Plans
- First Article inspection process
- Measurement strategies/techniques
- Project management
- Travel: 15% (4 trips to China per year)
Offers are contingent on a pre-employment drug test. This is due federal contracts and our obligation to being a drug-free work place.
Gerber Legendary Blades is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a drug free environment. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!