The Product Manager has complete responsibility for managing a category of products, including the development of short and long term strategies, conducting business and competitive analysis, conducting consumer research, guiding new product development, managing pricing and profitability, developing and executing go-to-market strategies, rationalizing product and SKU portfolios, and managing the product lifecycle and end-of-life process. This position is the primary Marketing liaison with the Sales team and customers on questions pertaining to their product categories.
- Developing long and short-term product line strategies that are in alignment with the overall business strategy. These strategies must meet organizational sales and profit goals, and be supported by consumer research, as well as feedback from customers and the sales organization. These strategies will receive approval from the Leadership Team.
- Managing the NPD process to ensure it is in line with the long-term category strategy. Ensuring projects are achievable based upon company resources. Validating sales and profit goals through Sales feedback and market analysis. Following NPD process, understanding projects statuses and providing feedback to teams when needed.
- Developing Product Briefs that clearly define for the organization the business opportunity and consumer need, establish target unit costs and price points, provide sales estimates identify target channels, and identify key competitive products. Understanding materials, manufacturing and product costing to ensure project feasibility.
- Conducting consumer research in order to identify product opportunities and understand target consumer needs, demographics and trends. This includes designing, fielding analysing and reporting on consumer research projects. Attending consumer shows and other venues for obtaining customer and consumer feedback.
- Acting as the primary liaison with Sales as it relates to products, strategy, and new product plans. This includes providing guidance to strategically support channel related products in the product portfolio and identifying customer specific products for rationalization.
- Conducting and overseeing business and competitive analysis in order to thoroughly understand both internal and external product, segment and competitive trends and periodically communicate to Leadership and Sales Teams. Analysis tools include sales data, competitive intelligence, market information, customer feedback, category product forecasts, etc.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business or Marketing. MBA preferred but not required
- 4+ years of experience in a Product Management position
- Experience with development and implementation of consumer research projects included qualitative and quantitative data
- 2-3 years of working within cross-functional product development teams
- Product Management experience within the Outdoor Industry or tool industry (highly preferred)
- Experience working with overseas supplies and imported goods
- Proven knowledge of strategic planning and product roadmap development
- An active outdoor lifestyle
- Interest in developing products for the hunting, tactical and outdoor markets.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization
Offers are contingent on a pre-employment drug test. This is due federal contracts and our obligation to being a drug-free work place.
Gerber Legendary Blades is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a drug free environment. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!